Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

PAAR Paint Out - Day 2





Day 2 of the paint out started out with a continental breakfast in front of the Riverside Art Museum around 8:30 a.m. I noticed when I arrived that the palm trees that line the streets in Riverside were starting to sway, but had no idea the wind would get so bad. We all set up, after our morning coffee and a wonderful bagel with Louise Smith's home made apricot jam, outside the Riverside Art Museum. RAM has a yearly artist competition called the Top Dog. The winning painting is donated to RAM and they give it to their top Patron of the year. The artist is invited to the Gala dinner and honored for their donation.
As the morning went on the wind got worse.
We were hanging on to our paintings and easels and painting away. This photo is of Joan Coffey (programs chair for PAAR), painting away in the wind. Note her hair as it is swirling around.
Around 1 p.m., I had enough and suggested we go to lunch at RAXX. RAXX is one of our sponsors for the event. They serve a great barbecue and the best sweet potato souffle. So some of us put up our painting gear and walked over for a nice relaxing lunch. Luz, Louise and I had to leave at 2:30 to attend a surprise party for our dear friend Glenda Ames. We were celebrating her 1 year anniversary from her liver transplant. Glenda is a long time friend and we met when Luz gave art classes in my studio. So cheers to Glenda! We are so happy all has worked out so well for her. After the party I came home, ate dinner and went to bed. The wind really zaps it out of you.
I am happy I did get a nice enough painting to enter in the competition for the Top Dog. Enjoy the art! Terry (Photos of the event by Albert Varela)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon