Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Frenchies are back!



"Darling" the French Bulldog is back. Yesterday at my life drawing class I wanted to try out some new paper that I purchased and also try the watercolor samples that I received during the recent paint out from Holbein. During a coffee break I spotted Darling looking very bored with all of us and she seemed to be the perfect candidate for a watercolor painting.

As you recall from a previous post, "Darling" was my subject for a pastel. I feel so lucky that I can try different mediums in my life drawing class. The poses are not long enough for oils so it makes me try different mediums. Of course, "Darling" the French bulldog does not hold a pose for very long, so I have to quickly get her pose and then work on the details from memory.

The following painting of "Darling" juried into the National Juried show "Art Show at the Dog Show". The exhibit is going on now in Wichita, Kansas. You can view this piece at the downtown City Arts Building 334 North Mead from Mar. 3 through April 1, 2009 and at the Kansas Coliseum April 3, 4 & 5. It is always an honor to be accepted into this exhibit. Canine Artist from around the globe send in their entries of which only 130 entries are accepted.

Thank you Darling for being such a good model for me. I enjoy drawing the live human models, but you give me great joy. Darling is 17 years old.

Until next time, ENJOY THE ART!

Terry d. Chacon





Note cards from both of these paintings are available in my eBay store eBay Store or by contacting me at Shacone@aol.com. Giclee prints are coming soon. Please let me know if you would like to reserve one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon