Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Friday, March 27, 2009

Whitewater Preserve 4th day



Boy today was a great day. I absolutely love this painting and I have to thank my friend Pat for asking me to go to Whitewater for an afternoon painting.

When Pat first called I felt I had already done 7 paintings at the preserve and said no, I better spend the time at home. I am working on a large commission of sculptures for the Afghan Hound Club of California upcoming show and felt I needed to spend time doing this. Well luck would have it that all the sculptures were in the kiln, the kiln was way too hot to open and I actually had a little time. I called Pat to see if she would pick me up and she said yes, but she could only be there for a short time. This in mind I knew I would need to paint small. I packed my gear and away we went.

When we arrived we noticed the energy windmills were really going and I said oh no, it might be very windy in the canyon. Pat wanted to hike up to the area Luz and I had painted, but said maybe we should hike up and just take some photos for some future studio paintings. We did. After this we traveled up to the ranger station as Pat wanted to paint the palms and the mountains. That was fine with me as that is one of my most favorite views and I love painting palms. We got set up and I painted quickly as well as Pat. Pat did a wonderful little pastel and I painted this 9 x 12. The tall plants in the foreground actually surround a pond that is in front of the house where the tour guides and director of the preserve live. Looking north to the San Gorgonio mountains which still have snow was very picturesque. What a great afternoon of painting. Until next time, ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon

Giclee prints and notes will be done from this painting. I want to add this to my Palm Tree collection series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon