Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Monday, March 14, 2011

Afghan Hound Paintings

                                                "Debbie's Love"   18 x 24   oil on canvas by Terry d. Chacon

I was very excited to be asked to paint this white afghan hound.    

When I started taking workshops with Susan Sarback  (www.susansarback.com)  7 years ago to learn to paint en plein aire, she always told me I could take the same theory into my studio to use to paint my pet portraits.   The last couple of years I have been slowly progressing  and evolving.   This painting was done the exact same way that I do my plein air, except instead of painting on location I painted in my studio, using a group of photographs that my client had supplied me to use for this painting.

"Ashley" is an 8 x 8 oil on wrap around canvas.   My friend Lex Robertson had posted a photo of his dog lure coursing on faceback.  I immediately contacted him to see if he would get permission from the photographer for me to paint.   I loved the expression on the dogs face as she was  graduating into full flight, but what grabbed her attention as she was suppose to be chasing the lure.     This painting has so many possibilities and many have written their thoughts as to what she was doing and thinking.   I also loved the back lighting and the way the light came through her coat.   "Hey Look at Me!" 

Until next time, please enjoy the ART.    Terry d. Chacon  

visit my website at:  www. terrydchacon.com   sign up to receive my blog at:  www.weeklypaintingsbyterrydchacon.blogspot.com and follow me on facebook at:   Artistic Impressions by Terry d. Chacon

1 comment:

  1. I love your work so much Terry! I grew up with 2 Afghans so seeing your art really brings back so many happy memories that I have with my dogs. There's not too many Afghans in our area and I miss seeing them. Your work really is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon