Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Solo Exhibition

A bit of exciting news to share with you today. I have been asked to exhibit my Plein Air work and some Pet Portraits at the Riverside Visitors Center in Riverside starting July 1, 2008 through Aug. 31, 2008. Here is a sample of a press release that is being circulated throughout the community, in local newspapers, Inland Arts.com, Inland Regional Arts Forum and more. I am very excited and honored to have been chosen for this opportunity.

“Impressions” - Paintings by Terry d. Chacon
SOLO EXHIBITION
This exhibit will include recent Plein Air paintings of Riverside & Pet Portraits by a National Award Winning Artist.
July 1, 2008 through Aug. 31, 2008
Riverside Visitors Center (across from UCR Photography Museum)
3750 University Ave. Suite 175, Riverside, Ca. 92501
(8am – 5pm Mon. –Fri, 9 a.m. – 6pm Sat-Sun)
Receptions: July 3, 2008 and August 7 from 6-9pm
Exhibit is organized by the RCAA.


Of course, since the show in is in Riverside they have asked for at least 1 painting of the famous Mission Inn in downtown Riverside. I have painted the Mission Inn several times but I wanted to have some fresh new works for the show. Yesterday, Joan Coffey and I met to paint the Mission. I had gone to the Mission Inn last week to scope out some new views for some paintings and was especially excited about the Jacaranda's in full bloom. It was so cold last weekend that I could not bring myself to paint and wanted to actually paint when the sun was shining to get an interesting painting with some nice contrasts. I went back to the spot yesterday and yes, the Jacaranda was still in full bloom and the lighting on the tower at the Northwest end of the Mission was just as I had imagined. The sun lit tower was my focal point and the building below was all in shadow from my point of view. It turned out to be quite a busy painting with all the trees in front of the building, but I think it gives it a bit of mystery and you have to look closer to see all that is going on. Several people who stopped to chat said they were glad someone was painting those beautiful purple trees as they were only in bloom for such a short period of time and really added to the setting. It is so interesting painting at the Mission Inn. They have so much going on. The place where I set up is actually part of the mall area west of the hotel. There are lot of little boutiques, little restaurants, bakery's and the Mission Inn, with all of its glamour! Here is a link to read about this very famous landmark. Mission Inn Hotel - Riverside California Of course no painting day in Riverside is never complete without lunch at Las Campanas a lovely little outdoor restaurant in the middle of the Mission Inn Hotel. Joan and I enjoyed ourselves immensely and look forward to another painting date at the Mission Inn. If you have not been to see this hotel, make sure you put it on your list of things to do in Southern California. What a treasure.




JUNE is a busy month for me. Thursday June 5, is the opening reception of our Au Naturel a PAAR exhibit in Riverside at RCAA (I have 2 Plein Air works in this show), Sat. June 7 is the opening reception for the Riverside Art Museum Members Exhibit, "Home Alone" will be on display, please keep your fingers crossed that we win an award. This coming weekend starting June 6, 7 & 8 and for the next 3 weekends after, I will be at the Lavender Festival in Highland Springs. Please stop by my booth. I will have fresh paintings of the lavender fields, plus some of my other artwork. Until next time, ENJOY THE ART. Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon