Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Color Theory with Susan Sarback

"Horse Statue"   9 x 12 oil on canvas Still Life/palette knife work by Terry d. Chacon

This past week I drove to Fair Oaks, Ca. for a workshop with Susan Sarback.  This workshop was for advanced students and was about color theory.  She also gave a demo on a new approach she is working on using a brush.   I took all the notes down but decided since I have not worked with Still Life that I would just continue to use my handy knife.    The above study was about bringing out the focal point by dulling everything else around to make it literally pop off the canvas. 

"Nude Statue"   9 x 12 oil on canvas Still Life/palette knife work by Terry d. Chacon
This study was about painting white.  

"Blue Vase"  8 x 10 oil on canvas board Still Life/palette knife work by Terry d. Chacon

This was a study on painting colored glass.  

To get away from the studio a few of us headed down to the American River on Wed. after class.   Oh it felt so good to be back in my element again after all the head strain from the workshop.   Low and behold, it started to rain, I quickly finished up and headed back to Judy Bloom's.    Judy is a long time friend and she owns the father to my puppies Sally and Olive.    We had such a great time and that evening she took me to a great little French Restaurant "Plan B".   You must go there if you are in the Sacramento area.  

"Glass, Shell and Daffodils"   9 x 12 oil on canvas Still Life/palette knife work by Terry d. Chacon
This was another study on glass, white and flowers.   

"Oranges for Breakfast"   8 x 10 oil on canvas board Still Life/palette knife work by Terry d. Chacon

This study was on white and fruit.   

Another fabulous workshop with Susan Sarback.  

Each of these Still Life's will be available in print and note cards through my Fine Art America site.

  Some of these paintings are also available through me at shacone@aol.com   

Save this date:   May 12, 2012 the opening of a new plein air exhibit.  
"The Vanishing Pass"
 Featuring the plein air works by:  David Fairrington, Nancy Carroll, Sara Parker and Terry d. Chacon. 
Jack's Frame and Art Gallery
226 East 6th Street
Beaumont, Ca.


Hope to see you there.

Until next time, PLEASE ENJOY THE ART!     Terry d. Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon