Comments Welcome

Weekly Paintings By National Award Winning Artist Terry d. Chacon

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lavender Festival Week 3





This weekend we moved our set up to the grass area where all the entertainment is going on. We had painted the fields the past 2 weekends and thought some different scenes of the festival were in order. I focused in on the musicians. What talent these young men and women have. Most of them have a long list of accolades and boy do they show a lot of promise. Most of them only played for about 15 minutes, so I didn't have a lot of painting time. The first one I did was of the trumpet player and the guitar player. They each did solo's then came back and played together. You might remember at Redland's Art in the Park I told the story of the young man who played his guitar in the Christian booth across from me. Well this is the same young man. It was such a pleasure to hear him again. "The Musicians" 5 x 7 on canvas board $125.00. The next day I painted the scene of the piano and the lavender fields in the morning. I had my friend take some photos of the piano players throughout the day and I actually painted the pianist in the painting in my studio this past week. With everything going on and only a small amount of time to capture the musician I wanted to make sure I had it right. People are not my usual subjects, so they take me a bit longer. Now put a dog or cat in the painting and I am there. "Talent" 9 x 12 oil on canvas board $400.00. Painting in Plein Air sometimes draws from your memory. The light is moving quickly, the shadows change and people and animals just don't sit still. I want to really work on people and animals in my Plein Air paintings so stay tuned for future paintings with these subjects. These paintings and others from my blog are available in note cards and Giclee prints. Contact me for details. I accept Visa/Mastercard, checks and Paypal. For now ENJOY THE ART! Terry d. Chacon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments without signatures will not be posted on my blog. If you want me to reply, please put in your email address. Thanks, Terry d. Chacon